Be part of our Center reaching out to help the Albuquerque Community!
The Outreach Committee meets the first Tuesday of each month
at the Center from 7-9pm.
Sunday- March 25th
9:30 – 12:30 pm
All types needed
Help us help others! Sign up at the Reach Out table or online at www.bloodhero.com Use Sponsor Code RGCSL
The need is constant.
The gratification is instant.
• Blood transfusions save lives.
• There’s no substitute for human blood.
• Every two seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion.
• About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
• A pint of blood, separated in to components, can help up to three people.
• 20 percent of recipients are children. Many are cancer patients.
• Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
• A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
• Although an estimated 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood at any given time, less than 10 percent do so annually.
Reach Out 2018 Calendar of Events
• 25th – Bloodmobile will be at RGCSL for Blood Drive
• 25th – Kickoff for Hug-A-Buddy (stuffed animal collection) – collecting thru April 22nd
• 3rd – Reach Out Meeting at RGCSL, 7:00PM
• 22nd – Last day for Hug-A-Buddy collection with Blessing of the critters
• 22nd – Kickoff for the Workday with the Dept of Senior Affairs on May 12th
• 1st – Reach Out Meeting at RGCSL, 7:00PM
• 12th – Workday with the City of ABQ Dept of Senior Affairs
• 5th – Reach Out Meeting at RGCSL, 7:00PM
• 9th – Pride Parade
• 8th – Pet Blessing
• 22nd – Workday with City of ABQ Dept of Senior Affairs
• 23rd – Kickoff for Personal Care Collection
• 30th – Kickoff for Blood Drive on October 28th
• 28th – Blood Drive at RGCSL
• 18th – Franksgiving – Thank You luncheon for the Congregation
• Kickoff for Giving Tree – TBA
• Giving Tree – collection and wrapping party – TBA