I am so Grateful
by Greg Gardner, RScP
In these precious moments as I watch the sun slip slowly down toward the horizon and dusk begins to silence the furor of the day, I slow my mind. I still myself. I think.
Ah how sweet this day is.
- The song of the birds outside the window as my consciousness returned this morning
- The crunch of breakfast toast between my teeth
- The comfortable purr of my car as I move from home out into the hustle and bustle of my day
- The smile of friends, colleagues and strangers alike as the sun courses across the sky
- The momentary distraction of turning my ankle while descending a stair
- The fatigue as I return to the comfort and safety of home
Ah yes how sweet this journey is. It’s a good day. And just think I get to do it again tomorrow!
And I am so grateful. Grateful for the creative force that gives me each day to feel the joy of this thing I call life. How generous that creative force is. How loving. How kind and wise.
I am so grateful.
And so it is. Amen