Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall………….
by Lovater H. Jones, RScP
“The Law of Mind is a law of reflection. The mirror can flash back at us only that which we place in front of it.”
– Frederick Bailes
“What is This Power That Heals”
Thinking back on this well-known childhood fairy tale, we remember the unhappy Queen standing in front of the mirror asking the mirror to tell her who was the fairest in the land; and waiting for it to reflect back to her, what she wanted to hear—-“You are the fairest in the land—“ Instead, the Queen was told that “Snow White” was the fairest. That was NOT what she wanted to hear! How could this be, I am sure she must have thought? I am the Queen. Surely I must be the fairest of all! However, what the Queen could not see was that she was full of envy, jealousy, disharmony, hatred and anger…the invisible attributes and thoughts being reflected back to her as she stood in front of the mirror. She was only interested in the visible reflections; believing that this was her true self, all the while believing something to the contrary. The Queen was unaware of the Principle that says that which we believe within has no choice, but to show forth externally.
The moral of the story:
- We are more than our outer veneer.
- We must believe that which we desire to reflect.
- Love only reflects Love. Less than Love reflects the lesser.
- God made you, uniquely You! Accept it! EVERY “BLEMISH” is perfect!
- The Law of Mind has no volition (no ability or power to choose – It takes what we give it without question – It is subjective/subconscious.)
- “Thoughts held in mind, reproduce after their own kind.”
- It’s ALL an inside job!
“Even God cannot bring good into the life of the person who persists in occupying himself with reasons why the good cannot come.” – Frederick Bailes